Revisited a dear place. August 2021. The Old meets the New in Vienna. Always a pleasure to return to this wonderful city, with something new to discover.
Vienna Museum Quarter (MQ) has a new rooftop and platform, Libelle MQ, at the top of the Leopold Museum.
Spend a beautiful summer afternoon in the Museum Quarter, with lunch at “Corbaci” at Achitekturzentrum and coffee near “Museum of Modern Art Ludwig Foundation Vienna” or short, MUMOK, near a Litertur pasage under a portico, a new word learned in Bologna.
The Old meets the New in Vienna
Mix & match
- Classic and modern art at Albertina Museums
- Coffee at modern CoffeePirates in the 9th district in Spitalgasse, and traditional Café Schwarzenberg on Ringstraße, recommended even by a Viennese
- Figlmuller for Schnitzel or go for the first time to Donau Insel, to see the sunset by the Danube
- Joseph Brot or Eis Greissler
- Vintage in Neubau 7thdistrict, on Burggasse, or high end in Karnerstrasse, in Vienna’s beautiful inner city
- Classic Schönbrunn Palace or colorful Hundertwasserhaus in Landstraße
- Taking the tram 1 around the Ringstrasse or walk under a covered gallery
- Next time – explore more of Old Vienna in Franziskanerviertel. Or the creative Karmelitermarkt.
A year from now you will wish you had started today.Karen Lamb
A quote to think about.