Love is in the Bin. The most talked piece of art at the moment is in Baden-Württemberg and other ART stories.
- Staatsoper Stuttgart for opera and ballet or Liederhalle for classical music. I was part of the Preview Club and I saw so many wonderful plays, including Nixon in China and the New Year Concert.
- Kunstmuseum or Museum for Fine Arts in Schlossplatz. You have a permanent exhibition and a temporary one. My tip is to go at the last floor for a great view of the city or for the restaurant Cube.
- For English plays: Dark Monday at Merlin. NEAT (New English American Theatre) is a traveling theatre club, on the first Monday of the month. Money for the tickets were donated to a charity
- Cars: Porche Museum is more about design and the Mercedes Museum about history. I recommend both even if you are not a car enthusiast
- Staatsgalerie Stuttgart that is hosting the Bansky panting at the moment and has always amazing temporary and permanent exhibition. Hermès is next. More below
Perception. Bansky effect
Bansky is an English anonymous artist. And political activist. Most people know the street art and graffiti.
One famous paintings, Ballon Girl, was sold at an auction for a high amount of money. And after, the painting was half-shredded, but the value increased.
He or she (we don’t know) shredded his canvas as a stand and manifest agains consumerism and overpricing of paintings.
The question of the Staatsgalerie Stuttgart is if this is Art? And if it should it be in a museum?